History of Trefeurig



Until 1894 Trefeurig was a parcel or tithe town, in Llanbadarn Fawr parish, the largest parish on Wales. In 1894 after the passing of the Local Government Act Trefeurig civil parsih and elected council was created. Trefeurig parish was a long thin parsih stretching from Gogerddan to Pumlumon. Its length was halved by the reorganisation of 1987 and Trefeurig Community Council was created stretching from Gogerddan to the 'Fuwch a'r Llo' on the mountain road to Ponterwyd. In 1987 was also added most of the old civil parish of Parsel Canol and a piece of Tir-y-mynach. Trefeurig includes Penrhyn-coch and the small villages of Pen-bont Rhydybeddau, Cwmsymlog, Cwmerfyn, Salem, Llwyn-prysg, Cefn-llwyd, Bancydarren and a part of Capel Dewi.

FLOODS 9 June 2012

CELEBRATING 150 years OF EDUCATION


SOME PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE CELEBRATION WEEKEND
HISTORY OF PENRHYN-COCH SCHOOL: the Photographs
History of Penrhyn-coch School
Dafydd ap Gwilym
First World War
Second World War
Religion and Education
Industry
The Royal Connection
Characters from the past
Memories of W. Elfed Davies, Salem (1919-2002)(English)
Opening of Gogerddan Bridge16.6.2000
Bro fy Mebyd: more interesting memories of Salem and district by W. Elfed Davies (Welsh)